Message from the Kitchen
We strive to prepare students for learning, by providing nutritious and delicious meals every day. We encourage students to develop, learn, and establish life-long habits for making healthy food choices.
A nutritious breakfast and lunch are available daily for all students. A monthly menu will be sent home. At Somis School, breakfast is provided for free to all students. Students can prepay their lunches either by cash or check. The cost is $2.75 per day for full pay lunch. Reduced and free rates are available if you qualify. Lunch accounts should be kept current at all times.
The rules for eating in the cafeteria are:
1) Talk quietly so that everyone can enjoy eating in a calm, relaxed atmosphere. No running or horseplay.
2) Follow the directions of the adult supervisor.
3) Always be polite and use good table manners.
4) Leave your place at the table as clean as possible when you are excused.
5) Failure to follow the rules will result in the loss of a privilege.
Gum and sunflower seeds present huge clean up problem to the custodians and to other pupils so are not allowed. In the interest of healthy eating, gum, and candy are not permitted. Food is to be eaten during break time or lunch time only, and only in the cafeteria or the sack lunch area. No soda or glass bottles should be sent to school.