Before & After School Daycare Coming for 2016/17 School Year
Download Application & Documents Here
(Documents need to be printed on clean white paper and single sided.) Drop completed documents at the Camarillo YMCA or Somis School Office with your $25 application fee (one fee per family).
Guidelines for Success
S – Start each day with a positive attitude.
T – Take responsibility for my actions.
A – Always try and try, try again.
R – Remember to use safe choices.
S – Show respect for myself and others.
Somis Students are STARS!
Dear Somis Families,
This year Somis Union School District celebrated 120 years of serving the children and families of Somis and the surrounding area. Here are just a few of the reasons that families choose Somis School:
1) We are a small community school that knows and values each child and the unique gifts that they bring to the classroom.
2) There are NO combination classrooms, which means that every teacher is focusing full-time on a single grade level curriculum.
3) We value the arts and have maintained a commitment to provide music instruction to all students. Local artists provide hands-on art education to students in grades 1-8.
4) The new math curriculum in Kindergarten – 8th grade class is designed for active student engagement both mentally and physically as they use technology and manipulatives to solve real world problems.
5) At Somis School, we have Fieldtrips, Assemblies, Outdoor School, Accelerated Reader, Instrumental Band, and many other opportunities for academic and social development.
6) We use a variety of technology platforms to support flexibility and innovation in research.
7) Our outstanding afterschool program (ASES) is provided in partnership with Oxnard City Corp. Students have time to complete their homework, learn new sports and games, and participate in enrichment activities like music, languages, character counts, cooking, robotics, etc. This is provided to our families at no cost.
8) We have an active Parent, Faculty Organization and encourage all families to join the team.
9) This year we are increasing the home school connection by again presenting several Family Nights that focus on each of the topics of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
10) There are many opportunities for your involvement including Back to School Night, Carnival, several musical productions, Author’s Fair, Saturday Parent Involvement Workshops, chaperoning, classroom parent, school volunteer and more.
Be sure to check out the monthly calendar that will be coming home with your son or daughter or log on to our website or twitter page.
I am passionate about public education and the important role that schools play in providing children a safe, nurturing, environment where they can learn the academic and social skills that they will need to be successful in our ever changing world. I know that by bringing your family to Somis School you are entrusting me, the teachers, and staff to give your child the very best education possible. We take that responsibility very seriously. Please feel free to call, email, or schedule a meeting whenever necessary. My door is open and I am here to serve you.
In Your Service,
Colleen Robertson, EdD